Summary of Role
We are seeking a hands-on manager for our Algorithms and Data Systems group. In this role,
you will mentor a team of engineers to complete algorithm and data science efforts of the
company. This position is responsible for leading all algorithm development, from conception
of ideas to polished software, either to be implemented on a device or to deliver powerful
insights suited to the business needs of the company.
- Oversee the design, development and testing of all algorithms used by the company. Some
of these algorithms are for implementation on our wearable devices and others will
generate insights to support business operations.
- Lead a small team of engineers in all phases of algorithm and data architecture
development for multiple different projects. Be willing and able to occasionally work as an
individual contributor on these projects.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching and foster professional growth within the team.
- Provide intellectual input and guidance on design, prototyping, and testing activities.
- Continuously improve engineering best practices and advise team on appropriate
documentation practices and use of tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics or equivalent.
Preference for M.S. or Ph.D.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience in industry or graduate school.
- Expert knowledge of signal processing, data analysis and algorithm development. Bonus for
knowledge of machine learning, data systems and backend architecture, or cloud
- Experience in leading or supporting projects within a cross-functional team environment.
- Well versed in good software and product development processes.
- Preferred: Experience with biomedical applications or medical devices. Previous work with
quality systems for medical devices, preferably Class III.