Summary of Role
Element is looking for an experienced and passionate Mechanical Engineer to join our Research and Development group. This individual will be responsible for designing new components and developing verification test methods for our innovative device. The ideal candidate will be able to design tests that allow us to quickly and effectively evaluate prototypes, build test fixtures and prototype samples, and collaborate with the design team to translate knowledge into practice.
- Participate in the design and development of a novel, wearable device: design new components, perform materials research and lead verification testing.
- Develop appropriate test methods and fixtures for product verification based on standards and internal performance requirements.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze data and generate technical reports.
- Select appropriate materials, search off-the-shelf components, and explore custom manufacturing solutions.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred) with 3-5 years of experience in medical devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound design principles and practices.
- Proficient with SolidWorks (modeling, surfacing, assembly), performing tolerance analyses and creating detailed drawings.
- Thrive in explorative work, and capable of analyzing problems and working out solutions with diligence and persistence.
- Understanding of FDA regulatory requirements and processes strongly desired.
- Experience with adhesive, die-cutting and converting desirable.