Summary of Role
Are you looking for truly meaningful work at a startup building a lifesaving wearable device? Yes, really. We’re building a wearable defibrillator for patients with high risk of cardiac arrest.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Research and Development team. You will be building backend infrastructure for lifesaving medical wearable devices that send continuous time-series and diagnostic data not only for data scientists, but also for analytics used by patients, physicians, logistics, and clinical operations.
As an early member of the team, you will have a high level of freedom and influence in architecting the backend infrastructure and providing leadership in how it is deployed.
- Design and build a scalable and HIPAA compliant backend infrastructure for data from medical wearable devices, mobile applications, and web tools.
- Create standard medical device software develop deliverables for regulatory submission.
- Build development, QA, staging, and production environments that enable product development, QA, user testing, and a low-risk deployment to production.
- Develop deployment processes and monitoring to ensure high availability production environment.
- 4+ years experience developing software as an engineer.
- 1+ years experience provisioning physical or virtual production systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar products to do ETL, data warehousing, and data analytics.
- Experience with SVN and Git.
- Experience with configuration management tools, automated testing, integration, delivery, and containerization (docker, jails etc.) a plus.
- Computer Engineering Degree or equivalent