Summary of Role
Element Science is building a world class medical device firmware development team. We are looking for developers with a passion for microcontrollers (you’d rather read a mixed signal SOC reference manual than a novel), performance optimization (you know how to squeeze as much useful processing out of every clock cycle as humanly possible), and building safety critical applications (writing software is fun, but more satisfying if it is saving lives).
The Engineer filling this role will participate in the design and implementation of the software that will set the course for all of the company’s future work. He or she will interact with Electrical Engineers, UX designers, algorithm experts, and data scientists.
If you have a proven track record of delivering robust, production quality, safety critical embedded software, we would love to talk to you.
- Design and implement embedded software for a Class III medical device.
- Create production code that is a dream to maintain and test because it is extremely well documented, modular, and instrumented.
- Port a standard RTOS to custom hardware
- Establish MISRA compliance
- Create performance measurement tools
- Create automated test environment
- Create design verification firmware
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ Years of embedded software development experience
- 5+ years of C/C++ medical device experience
- Experience debugging board level firmware on target
- Assembly experience with at least one 32-bit core
- Recent RTOS Experience (e.g., FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks, etc.)
- ARM microcontroller experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.