Summary of Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Data Systems, to join our Algorithms and Software Development team. You will be building data systems from the ground up to deliver alerts and therapy reporting within minutes of cardiac arrest, helping patients to live longer and healthier by managing acute and chronic heart conditions, and enabling data scientists to find new solutions to heart diseases.
The ideal candidate has a background in building first generation data systems in startups, and thrives in an environment with many unknowns and small teams with large meaningful problems to solve. As an early member of the team, you will have a high level of freedom to innovate with the latest cloud technologies and autonomy in how the systems are deployed.
- Design and build a scalable and HIPAA compliant systems for data from medical wearable devices, mobile applications, and web tools.
- Build infrastructure for data analytics from medical devices sending continuous time-series and diagnostic data.
- Integrate with medical and manufacturing databases to enable data access across systems.
- Build development, QA, staging, and production environments while developing deployment processes and monitoring to ensure high reliability production systems.
- Create standard medical device software documentation deliverables for regulatory submission.
- 5+ years configuring and maintaining Internet-facing services
- 2+ years experience in infrastructure design
- 2+ years experience with AWS cloud development stack
- Experience with Git
- Experience with automated testing, integration, delivery, and containerization (docker, jails, etc) a plus
- Computer Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience in medical devices, regulated environments, and startups desired